- "Service" means that when Business Member uses Kakao advertisement service, the Company provides a feature that enables Business Member or a third party entrusted by Business Member to set the advertisement target using the User Information collected or possessed by Business Member or the entrusted third party.
- "User Information" means the information related to all users that Business Member entrusts the Company to handle in order to use the Service.
- "Target" means the users who are designated to be exposed to advertisement through the Service.
3. Contents, Effect and Amendment of the Terms and Conditions
- The Company will post these Terms and Conditions on the main page of the Service so that you can easily notice them.
- The Company may amend these Terms and Conditions, to the extent that it does not violate the applicable laws and regulations, including the Act on the Regulation of Terms and Conditions, etc.
- In case of any amendment, the Company will give a public notice of the amendment of the Terms and Condition, stating the effective date of application of the amended Terms and Conditions and the reason for the amendment, together with the existing Terms and Conditions and the amended Terms and Conditions, at its website for the Service for fifteen (15) days prior to the effective date of application and for a reasonable period of time after the application. However, if the amendment affects you adversely, the Company will give a public notice at its website for the Service for thirty (30) days prior to the effective date of application and for a reasonable period of time after the application and send you an e-mail to your e-mail address if you disclosed such address when joining Business Membership to notify or inform you of such amendments to the Terms and Conditions.
- You will be deemed to have agreed to the amended Terms and Conditions unless you express your intention of refusal after the Company clearly notifies or informs you as described in the preceding Paragraph that you will be deemed to have agreed to the amendments if you do not give your intention of refusal within seven (7) days from the date of public notice or the date of notification. If you do not agree to the amended Terms and Conditions, you may terminate your use of the Service.
4. Use of Service
- The Business Member who wishes to use the Service shall enter into the Service Use Agreement with the Company. In order to enter into the Service Use Agreement, if you agree to these Terms and Conditions and take the necessary technical measures to deliver the User Information to the Company or for the Company to receive the User Information and then, apply for use of the Service, the Service Use Agreement will become effective upon the Company’s acceptance of your use of the Service.
- Business Member shall entrust the Company to handle the User Information to the extent necessary for the use of the Service, and any and all rights and responsibilities regarding the User Information vest in Business Member.
- As a general rule, the Service will be available 24 hours (00:00-24:00) a day, unless it is unavailable due to the Company’s circumstance or technical reasons. However, the Company may designate the scope of Service and provide the Service only during such day and time as separately designated by it due to any regular equipment inspection.
- If the Company supplements, changes or deletes the contents of the Service, the Company may notify you of the supplemented, changed or deleted Service by sending an e-mail to your registered e-mail address, if the Company deems necessary.
- If the Company is required to give the notice under the preceding Paragraph to multiple unspecified people, the Company may notify Business Members by posting the notice on its website or other website for public notice.
5. Obligations of Business Member
- Business Member represents and warrants that Business Member and the third party entrusted by it to collect information have informed the information providers of the information collection and duly obtained individual consents from them; and have complied with all applicable laws and regulations, governmental authorities’ rules and the industry’s guidelines on personal information in both the Republic of Korea and any country which Business Member belong to.
- Business Member warrants that Business Member lawfully has all rights and authority required for use of all User Information delivered by Business Member to the Company.
- If an information provider who has been designated as a target by using the User Information withdraws the consent to the information use or refuses the collection or use of information, Business Member shall immediately delete such information provider’s User Information registered for use of the Service. In addition, Business Member agrees that if Business Member fails to immediately perform the obligation hereunder, the Company will delete the User Information on behalf of Business Member.
- Any third party other than Business Member who has agreed to these Terms and Conditions may not use the Service, and Business Member may not assign or give or pledge its rights and obligations hereunder with regard to the Service to or in favor of a third party.
- If Business Member uses the Service for or on behalf of two or more other Business Members or a third party, Business Member may not combine or supplement the User Information delivered or provided by other information collector at its own discretion.
- Business Member may not sell, transfer or permit a third party to sell or transfer the Target list and any related information created using the Service to any other third party.
6. Obligations of the Company
- The Company will not handle the User Information for any purpose other than use of the Service by Business Member.
- Except as previously authorized by Business Member or required by the law, the Company will not permit other Business Members or a third party to have access to the User Information delivered by Business Member to the Company or the Target.
- The Company will take all reasonably necessary measures in terms of technology and management in order to maintain the security of the User Information delivered by Business Member to the Company.
- The Company will not entrust a third party to handle the User Information without the prior consent of Business Member.
7. Termination of the Service Use Agreement
- Business Member may terminate the Service Use Agreement by deleting the personalized customer information at the page of Account > Personalized Customer Targeting of the Company’s website at any time.
- If Business Member breaches Article 4 of these Terms and Conditions, the Company may suspend provision of the Service and terminate the Service Use Agreement, and if the Company suffers any loss due to such a breach, the Company may claim civil and criminal liability against Business Member.
- If the Company decides to terminate the Service Use Agreement with Business Member under the preceding Paragraph, the Company will notify Business Member of its decision before such termination and allow Business Member to have an opportunity of defense within thirty (30) days from the date of its receipt of the notice from the Company.
8. Disclaimer and Indemnification
- The Company will not be responsible for damages incurred by Business Member, if the Company is unable to provide the Service due to the following:
- ① Natural disaster or other force majeure event;
- ② Disruption or interference during use of the Service due to any cause attributable to Business Member; or
- ③ Other events that occur without the Company’s willful act or negligence.
- The Company does not warrant the legality, credibility, accuracy, etc. of the User Information, and will not be responsible for any resulting damages incurred by Business Member.
- If a civil or criminal lawsuit is filed against the Company or the Company is subject to investigation or administrative measures, etc. by the government authority and investigative agency as a result of Business Member’s breach of the obligations set forth in Article 5 hereof, Business Member shall indemnify and hold the Company harmless from all damages in relation thereto.
9. Relationship with the Terms and Conditions of Kakao Business Membership
10. Dispute Resolution